WordPress is blog publishing application and open source content management system. It is revised version of b2/cafelog. It is powered by PHP and a MySQL data backend and its completely customizable platform is practically backbone of the Web 2.0 development.
WordPress CMS is very user-friendly and can be easily managed. It also gives great number of quality themes and templates which can be further customized to fit your CMS needs. Even a blog and website can be together managed into single CMS.
Features of WordPress:
- WordPress ha templating system, which includes widgets that can be rearranged without editing PHP or HTML code.
Themes that can be installed, edited and switched between.
- WordPress also features integrated link management; a search engine-friendly, clean permalink structure; the ability to assign nested, multiple categories to articles; multiple author capability and support for tagging of posts and articles.
- Automatic filters that provide for proper formatting and styling of text in articles (for example, converting regular quotes to smart quotes) are also included.
- Supports Trackback and Pingback standards for displaying links to other sites that have themselves linked to a post or article.
- Rich plug-in architecture which allows users and developers to extend its functionality beyond the features that come as part of the base install.
- WordPress Multi-User ( WPMU ) allows simultaneous blogs to exist within one installation. WordPress MU makes it possible for anyone with a website to host their own blogging community, control, and moderate all the blogs from a single dashboard. WordPress MU adds eight new data tables for each blog.
- We at Archer Solutions provides services like WordPress Blog development, theme development, Plugin development, web site design and development which resembles your business idea.